- The Site may contain links to other websites. Bent on Food is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites.
- Bent on Food believes that the responsible use of personal information collected on the Site is an important element of its business operations and critical to its reputation. As part of Bent on Food’s commitment to your privacy and respect of your rights, Bent on Food adheres to this Privacy Statement in the operation and management of the Site.
- By submitting identifying data, a visitor to the Site is agreeing to Bent on Food’s use of such data as described in this statement. Should you have questions or concerns about this statement or should you have any queries regarding any personal information relating to you which may be in Bent on Food’s possession, please feel free to direct your enquiry to:
- Donna Carrier
ABN: 87 372 659 772
95 Isabella St
Wingham NSW 2429• Australia
Telephone: +61 02 6557 0727
Facsimile: +61 02 6553 5332
- The extent and type of information Bent on Food receives from you depends on what you do when visiting the Site.
- If you visit the Site to read or download information, such as news items, case studies, or capability statements, much of the information Bent on Food collects – such as the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access the Site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Site – is statistical only and not personally identifiable. Bent on Food uses information about the number of visitors and their use of the Site in aggregate form to make the Site more useful and attractive to you.
- Generally, Bent on Food only collects identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by a visitor to the Site. Typically, Bent on Food obtains limited identifiable information from visitors, such as name, title, address, email address, and telephone and fax numbers. For example, if you send Bent on Food an email message requesting information about Bent on Food, your email address and other information you supply to facilitate a response to your request will be used by Bent on Food for that purpose.
- Demographic information, including gender and occupation, is not actively sought, but may be submitted when a visitor responds to an online job application. If you send Bent on Food a resume or CV to apply online for a position with Bent on Food or any of its subsidiaries, the information provided will be used to match you with available opportunities. It is not Bent on Food’s intention to seek any sensitive information through the Site unless legally required for recruiting purposes. It is suggested that you do not provide sensitive information, but should you wish to do so for any reason, Bent on Food accepts your explicit consent to use that information in the ways described in this privacy statement. CVs are retained in soft copy in a secure location, completely discrete from the Site, until such time as Bent on Food’s recruitment staff decides the CV’s are obsolete at which time the CV’s are removed from Bent on Food’s internal file system. At all times CVs and other personal data submitted as an online job application are treated in strict confidence and accorded appropriate security.
- When a visitor provides personal information to Bent on Food, it is used solely for the purposes for which it was provided. Personal data collected may be transferred to other companies or Bent on Food offices, where appropriate, to meet the purpose for which you have submitted the information. Bent on Food’s policy is not to share personal information with third parties, unless required by law, or to sell personal information to others. Your personal information will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
- In some areas of the Site, Bent on Food employs ‘cookies’ (small data files that are sent to your computer) to improve your experience of the Site however, these are not used to track individuals or record information about you. The use of ‘cookies’ is now fairly standard operating procedure for most websites, but most browsers permit you to reject or disable the cookies if you wish.
- Bent on Food recognizes that your information is valuable and it takes all reasonable measures to protect your information while it is in Bent on Food’s care.
- Bent on Food is bound by the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) in the way that it handles personal information. This policy explains how Ben on Food handles personal information relating to individuals, whether or not they are customers.
- In this policy the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to Bent on Food.
The expression “personal information” is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
4. Information Collection
- We only collect personal information to the extent that this is:
- necessary for us to carry out our core business as the supplier of computer systems and consultancy services; or
- incidental to the carrying out of our core business.
- Personal information will generally only be collected for the purpose of enabling us to liaise with individuals who are, or who are associated with, customers, potential customers, contractors or sub-contractors.
- The types of personal information which we may collect and hold in these circumstances include, without limitation, an individual’s name, address, phone number, email address and other contact details.
- We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including, without limitation, on forms, questionnaires and surveys, by our website (including cookie collection), over the telephone, or person to person.
5. Information Use and Disclosure
- We will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any purpose other than the primary purpose of collection unless:
- such use is related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that other purpose;
- in the case of direct marketing not related to our activities – we have obtained your prior consent (unless it is not reasonably practicable to seek your consent and we otherwise comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act); or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
- As a general rule, we do not engage in direct marketing activities. To the extent that we do engage in direct marketing in the future, however, you may at any time request us not to provide you with any further direct marketing communications by contacting us via the details set out below.
- By using our website you will be deemed to consent to us using your personal information collected by our website for the following purposes
- notifying you about any changes to the information which currently exists on the website;
- notifying you in the future about new information relevant to our software and services; and
- monitoring your use of our website
- In providing you with goods or services we may need to disclose your personal information to certain third parties including, without limitation, contractors assisting in the provision of the goods or services as part of our core business activities.
6. Employee Records Exemption
- The NPPs and this policy do not apply to our acts and practices directly related to a current or former employment relationship beween us and an employee, and any employee record held by us relating to the employee.
7. Data Security
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information which we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9. Access, Correction and Further Information
- We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us, unless we are permitted under the Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us on the details below if you:
- wish to have access to the personal information which we hold about you;
- consider that the personal information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
- require further information on our personal information handling practices.